Create a Squad
Everything you need to know about creating and joining Squad.
We support the following wallets:
- Coinbase Wallet
2. After your wallet is connected, click the “Create Squad” button.
Your Squads list
3. Enter Squad details such as Squad name, profile picture, and description.
- We support JPEG, PNG, or GIFs formats under 3MB.
- The Squad's picture, name, and description can be changed after deployment.
4. Add owners to your Squad by their public keys and set a confirmation threshold.
- The confirmation threshold is the number of approvals necessary from Squad owners for transactions to be executed. In the example below, 2/3 of wallets on the multisig will need to approve for a transaction to be executed.
- You can add an unlimited amount of initial owners, but we recommend keeping the amount below 20 for the optimal experience. After the initial set-up, each new owner will need to be approved by the Squad based on the confirmation threshold you configure. When all owners are added, review the information and click "Next."
Squad owners and confirmation threshold set-up
5. Review your Squad's details and if everything looks correct, click “Confirm”.
- Squad deployment cost is approximately between 0.0025 - 0.0045 SOL depending on the amount of the initial owners (Network fees, not Squads Protocol ones).
- The fee includes Solana rent fee and 0.001 SOL, which will be deposited into your Squad upon creation. This is done to make your Squad's address recognizable by individual wallets for sending assets.
Review your Squad screen